Terms & Conditions
Use by you of the MOO API and the moo.com website will be considered acceptance of the MOO Policies. If you do not agree to the Developer Terms contained in the following pages or to the MOO Policies, then you may not use the MOO API. Please note that moo.com has the right to modify the Developer Terms and the MOO Policies and, thus, you should review them periodically.
Please read the following sections carefully, as they contain the Developer Terms that will govern your use of the MOO API, together with the Moo Policies.
When you use the MOO API to direct a third party to place an order, you must ensure that third party is aware that the MOO Policies apply to them.
If you or any third party directed by you disagree with any of the terms below or of the MOO Policies, MOO does not grant to you or any third party directed by you a license to use the MOO API.
In the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency between the Developer Terms and the MOO Policies in regard to the MOO API then the Developer Terms shall prevail.
The MOO API is owned by MOO Print Ltd and is licensed to you and to any third party directed by you on a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable basis on the terms and conditions set forth herein. These terms define legal use of the MOO API, all updates, revisions, substitutions, and any copies of the MOO API made by or for you.
The expressions ‘you’ and ‘your’ in the following sections of these Developer Terms shall apply to both you and/or to any third party(ies) directed by you, as the context so demands.
Terms of enrollment/membership
- If you'd like to use the MOO API, and develop tools using it, you will need to satisfy a number of rules that we've set in place to ensure things run smoothly.
Code of Conduct:
- You shall only use the MOO API for purposes that are not illegal, derogatory or otherwise objectionable or that bring MOO or any other third party into disrepute.
- You shall not infringe any other third party's intellectual property rights nor remove, obscure, or alter any MOO copyright notice or trademarks.
- You shall ensure that you have the legal right to use any image/design or similar rendering which is passed to MOO via the MOO API for printing
Our responsibility to protect your privacy
- As a third party app developer using MOO’s API, you are responsible for data within your own tool. However, any data that passes through to the MOO production environment will fall under the MOO Policies
Your responsibility to protect user privacy
- You will remove all reference to MOO within 24 hours if your key is revoked or you are required to by MOO.
- MOO owns all rights, title, and interest in and to the MOO API. We grant to you a licence in respect of all such rights for the purposes of operation of the MOO API (and for that sole purpose only). We grant you no right, title or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by MOO, including (but not limited to) the API and our trademarks. You agree to abide by all applicable proprietary rights and laws, as well as any additional notices or restrictions contained in these Developer Terms and in the MOO Policies.
- Ownership of all content passed to MOO via the MOO API remains with the content owner. MOO or the App developer will make no claim to ownership of any content sent through the API unless they are the legal owner of the content submitted.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to display MOO owned trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos and domain names (collectively, “Brand Features”) to promote or advertise your use of the API in accordance with this section as agreed in writing in advance of any such use. You agree, however, not to display our Brand Features in any way that is misleading, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to MOO.
- You grant us the right to publicly refer to you, orally or in writing, as a MOO API licensee and to publish your name and/or logo on the MOO website (the “Website”) or promotional materials. Each of us shall provide and support promotional and publicity activities of the other, including providing (i) quote approval for press releases, (ii) spokesperson response to media requests; and (iii) occasional screenshots as requested. Any description of our relationship must be agreed in writing by each of us prior to any public release.
To use the MOO API, you will need to open an account with MOO. This will allow you to register for an API key
Payment and application to get paid
- There is no automatic right to any form of revenue share from purchases made through the MOO API. Should you wish to receive royalties for business made through your app, you will need to apply to become an “Approved” Developer. To do that, please write to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment is made via Paypal only
Indemnities in favour of MOO
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify us, our affiliates, and our and their respective directors, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees (each, an “Indemnified Party”) from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the MOO API or your breach of any obligation herein, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and legal and professional fees, of every kind and nature. The Indemnified Party will give prompt written notice of any indemnified claim.
- In addition to the indemnities set out above, you agree to hold us harmless on an indemnity basis against all losses, damages (actual and/or consequential) of whatsoever kind and including costs or recovery on a full indemnity basis which we may suffer or incur, whether directly or indirectly, as a result of your use of or engagement with the MOO API.
- We expressly disclaim all responsibility for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the MOO API which is provided 'as is' and on an 'as available' basis and to the fullest extent permitted by law we disclaim all express or implied warranties.
- MOO will be responsible, as per our general terms and conditions of business for any faulty goods reported within 14 days of delivery. MOO will also be responsible for any items not delivered within 28 days of order.
- For the avoidance of doubt, save in respect of faulty or defective goods, nothing in these Developer Terms or in out general terms and conditions of business shall be construed so as to give to the Buyer rights of cancellation in regard to the Goods which, by their nature have been made to the specifications laid out by an API app.
Limitation of Liability
WE SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR RELIANCE DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE MOO API. CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES AND LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, WHETHER YOU WERE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES.
Termination of agreement
We reserve the right to revoke a MOO API key at our own judgement. Reasons may include but are not limited to undue load on the MOO system, breach of any of the terms of the Developer Terms and/or of the MOO Policies or misusing of the MOO Brand or intellectual property.
Database and Data Protection
All personal data pertaining to Developers and directed third parties shall, upon application, belong to us and all rights and responsibilities pertaining to that data shall reside with us and be subject to the conditions set out in the Moo Policies
Choice of law
These Developer Terms shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate upon any claim or dispute which may arise out of or in connection them or in respect of the MOO Policies .
Updating of Terms
We reserve the right to update and change, from time to time, these Developer Terms and the MOO Policies. You can always find the most recent version of these here